Saturday, January 27, 2007

Final Re-cap...I think

So...why the 'No Drinking' resolution has fallen down...

1) I had a blind date. It all gets a bit confusing...Cherlotte's boyfriend's friend Nick is up here working for BP...and so Charlotte embarked on some long-distance set-up. And there was no way in hell I was going on a blind date without any alcohol passing my lips. It went well, he's a nice enough bloke, just...not much in the way of sparks! C'est la vie.

2) Kirsty's Birthday. Kirsty's had a fairly stressful start to the year and so her birthday was celebrated by the two of us getting plastered in my living room. Good time was had by all.

It is also Up Helly Aa on Tuesday (so expect a fairly hefty post telling you all about that) and from what I can gather, Up Helly Aa is used as an excuse for a) Socially sanctioned, nay, expected, excessive alcohol consumption, and b)institutional transvestitism (is that even a word?). Should be good. As I type, Sarah is braving the mammoth journey north to join me in this traditional celebration of Shetland's Viking Heritage (or 'Speed-dating on an Island-Wide Scale' as I am personally viewing it) so, hopefully, much fun and hilarity will be had in teh next few days. Hurrah! Roll on the Vikings.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Find a way to incorporate a sheep and you've got one hell of a Scottish reality show.

Anonymous said...

'Her date was pleasant enough, but she knew that if her life was a movie this guy would be buried in the credits as something like "Second Tall Man."'