Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Christmas time...

I cracked. A full week earlier then usual, and I cracked. My christmas tree is now up and decorated in my living room. My classroom is probably going to be decorated tomorrow afternoon. It's Christmas, I'm embracing it, it's fine!

It's actually all ITV's fault. I was doing ok. Holding out against the relentless pressures of retail, the kids at school, my neighbours who have decorated inside and out (christmas decorating is much bigger up here than I would have expected)...I even held strong against the fact that the radio is now playing Christmas songs. And then ITV had to go and put Love Actually on tonight. And I cracked. I'm now in the christmas zone. And I don't care. My christmas tree is lovely.


And for those of you who know my penchent for creating my own christmas tree fairies, you'll be glad to know that my trusty barbie has a new outfit this year. Isn't she fab? (If a tad Wonder Woman-esque...)


On a totally different topic, this is an appeal to anyone reading this for some advice. Should I get a puppy or not? I've been thinking about it for a while, and a couple of weeks ago a litter of Shih Tzus was advertised in the paper and I decided (rather sensibly I thought) to have a serious think, sleep on it, and if I still wanted one phone then. So I did, and I did still want one, but by the time I phoned, all the puppies had found homes.
And then today I got a call from the nice people to say that they've been told by their vet that the bitch they'd been planning on keeping is going to be too small as an adult to breed, so now they're looking for a new home for her. And do I want her? (On the strict condition I get her spayed - which I would have done anyway.)
Now...I know this is a big decision. I have until Saturday to think about it as I can't go out to meet the pup (and its parents and breeders) until Saturday. But I do want one... And so this is an appeal for sensible advice. At least, something slightly more helpful than my mother's somewhat useless: "oh, an ickle puppy! I could look after it when you go on holiday...oooohhhhh.....[assuming sickly baby voice] ickle-wickle puppy-dog for christmas...." And so on.
So...Puppy or not puppy? That is the question of the day. Any advice greatfully recieved (but do bear in mind that I may well choose to completely ignore it...)

1 comment:

Jess said...

Love Actually! I'm running home and watching it tonight. I don't think my office in San Francisco will catch the reference if I play the Jump song at the office party.
Very glad to hear that you went ahead and got the puppy. Constant supply of warm fuzzies while you are in exile.