Friday, June 15, 2007

Promotional Wombats

Okay, that title is a bit of a tease - the Wombats and the Promotion are actually two different issues.

So first...the promotion...

An open-air production of Love's Labour's Lost in St Alban's in which the rather talented Nalini Chetty features as Katherine. Nalini reckons that Katherine "doesn't say a huge amount, just falls in love and wafts around stage" but I'm sure she does it well! (I have been trying to get the LLL Flyer up, but for some reason Blogger doesn't want to do it...if I can manage it, it will go up!)

Tragically, I won't be able to go see the play, as it's on between 19th and 27th of July, and I shall be in Australia. Anyone who does go, however, do please let me know what you thought...

Next..Wombats...

Or Wizards Ordinary Magic and Basic Aptiude Test to those uninitiated Muggles. Basically...it's for big Harry Potter Geeks like me to see just how much of geek they really are. Now, I've previously got deeply excited about WOMBATs, and today I sat the WOMBAT Grade Three - the final, and hardest, of the WOMBAT tests. It evidently appeared on J.K. Rowling's Website a couple of days ago, but as I'm not quite sad enough to check it every day, I didn't know about it until today. So I sat the test - and you know what, it was HARD! Unlike earlier WOMBATs, this one wasn't as reliant on mere fact recall, and required far more extrapolation based on what we know of the Wizarding World at large, from History of Magic - how we all wish Harry had paid more attention in Professor Binn's classes - to Politics, to DADA*.

As soon as the results are out, I shall let you know if I've continued my relatively high standards (O and E so far). Of course if the very worst happens and I get a T for Troll...I shall delete this post and deny all knowledge! And until then, I'm waiting for the always thorough Lexicon to come through with their post-WOMBAT analysis in which I should get a rough idea of how I did with my guesswork!

*And by the way...I'm sure that JK Rowling, or which ever minion she got to write the WOMBAT used the Lexicon in composing their questions...

No comments: